I am an AFS newbie. This is an FAQ.
I've installed AFS from the repository
http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.6.22/ on CentOS 6.9.

I can't get aklog to work as a non-root user:

[root@pro3]# aklog -d
Authenticating to cell example.com (server pro4.example.com).
Trying to authenticate to user's realm EXAMPLE.COM.
Getting tickets: afs/example....@example.com
Using Kerberos V5 ticket natively
Identical tokens already exist; skipping.
[root@pro3]# su xdemo
bash-4.1$ aklog -d
Authenticating to cell example.com (server pro4.example.com).
Trying to authenticate to user's realm EXAMPLE.COM.
Getting tickets: afs/example....@example.com
Kerberos error code returned by get_cred : -1765328352
aklog: Couldn't get example.com AFS tickets:
aklog: unknown RPC error (-1765328352) while getting AFS tickets

Did I mess up file permissions somewhere? Running klist as xdemo shows I
have tickets.

--
Steve