03.09.2010 11:16, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> On 9/3/2010 10:00 AM, Keisuke MORI wrote:
>> 2010/9/3 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fabbi...@fabbione.net>:
>>> so the current init script has:

>>> and that is definitely wrong. It must have slept through the crack when
>>> we re-did the init script a while ago. Kudos to Vladislav for noticing it.
>>>
>>> (making a bunch of assumptions here) the general rule is:
>>>
>>> stop-priority-value = 100 - start-priority-value.
>>>
>>> to guarantee the service start/stop symmetry that is pretty much the
>>> case for corosync.
>>>
>>> So a value of 20/80 would be correct.
>>>
>>> Now this should address the first concern reported.
>>

>> As for the starting order, I would be grad if you could also consider
>> the attached patch.
>>
>> It will adjust the dependency with syslog correctly so that can
>> prevent a problem when you use rsyslog as I reported before:
>> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/openais/2010-July/014946.html
>
> I think this is a sane patch and should go in.

BTW shouldn't openais initscript also include LSB stanza
# Provides: corosync
So f.e. pacemaker MCP will be satisfied at LSB level too, not only on
chkconfig legacy one (LSB has priority BTW). Pacemaker MCP initscript
already has
# Required-Start:       $network corosync
And personally I start openais instead of corosync to have support for
OCFS2/GFS2.

Best,
Vladislav