On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM, David Lonie <david.lo...@kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm setting up a new windows build environment using Windows 7 and MSVC
> 2010 C++ express, and my application is unable to find some of the symbols
> from openbabel, namely etab and obErrorLog:

A while back we had this same problem on Ubuntu.  It had something to do
with the fact that the .cpp file had no actual code in it so the linker
decided it wasn't necessary in shared libraries.  Geoff probably knows
more, but here's an earlier discussion:

http://www.mail-archive.com/openbabel-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00730.html

Craig