Just found the solution, and good news, no code changes needed on your
part. Details are at
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/Common_problems#DLL-Export_of_templated_functions.2Fclasses

I just need to remove OBAPI in generic.h and your code compiles fine.
I'll sort this out today or tomorrow, and doublecheck it doesn't cause
any problems elsewhere....

- Noel