May I suggest that we change openbabel-dev to only allow posting by
members? That is, that posts by non-members are rejected (with a
message) without review. This would reduce the admin burden on spam
filtering. There is a list of existing non-members with posting rights
on the mailman interface, and they could be contacted off-list to let
them know of any changes.

I won't go so far as to suggest the same for openbabel-discuss, but
it's worth considering whether it would be a net benefit to the
project to have this, with the idea that it builds community. (I heard
this argument a few years back from the lead dev for Gromacs.)

- Noel