To avoid digressing, absolutely we would like to do this and have the
technical means to enforce...once we reduce the warnings. I did a certain
amount already this year. Once a particular type of warning is eliminated
we can add it as a requirement using gcc's treat warnings as errors. But
we're not there yet. Like Geoff says, we encourage people to help.

If there's some other way this can be enforced on a patch by patch basis
(e.g. controlling for an increase in warnings), I'd be interested to hear.
Maybe you can point me to the relevant person over at Gromacs.

- Noel