Thanks all for the lively conversation.  I've updated the pull request to
check for boost and only build maeparser if it's available (printing to the
user saying it's skipping maeparser if it's not available).  I'll probably
ping a few package maintainers about making sure to add a boost requirement
when/if this is eventually released.

Pat