On 07/08/2012 23:02, Rob Smith wrote:
> Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of the OBConversion
> OUTOPTIONS characters? I am trying to extend a ruby wrapper we are
> developing for openbabel, and I'm having trouble locating the correct
> characters to complete the translation of the command line argument
> for what I am trying to do:
>
> obabel benzodiazepine.sdf.gz -O out.svg --filter "title=3016" -s
> "c1ccc2c(c1)C(=NCCN2)c3ccccc3 red" -xu -d
>
> to manipulating and outputting the molecule programmatically for lack
> of a list of the OUTOPTIONS characters.

The possible output options depend on the output format. For the svg
format in your example they are described in the text from the command
   obabel -L svg
or returned from SVGFormat::Description(). (The GUI parses this text to
make checkboxes, etc.) On the command line the single letter output
options are precededed by -x, as in -xu in the example. There are also
INOPTIONS(with a -a prefix) and GENOPTIONS(--filter, -s and -d above, no
prefix) . They all can have parameters separated by spaces which can
contain letters, digits and punctuation.

Chris