| JSON may be extensible, but that is useless unless there is a widely
recognized authority on the meaning of each extension, along with open-source
software that |
| illustrates a practical application of the standard.

I strongly disagree. Any fixed set of fields will turn out to be inadequate at
some point. People need to get things done so instead of stopping everything
and waiting for some standards committee to rule, they will hack something
using fields that are rarely used. Trouble is, rarely used is not never used,
and now your carefully specified standard is compromised. If the only advantage
to extensible formats is keeping the local hacks from polluting well specified
standards, then IMHO it is still a huge win.

DanZ

--

    Daniel Zaharevitz