I have traced the segmentation fault issue to pull request #31 that was merged
yesterday:
https://github.com/openbabel/openbabel/pull/31

In particular, the two occurrences of `delete expr1` that were added in
parsmart.cpp are causing the issue. Removing them seems to fix everything.

Also, I notice that pull request #31 makes changes to code within libinchi - is
this such a great idea?