So the good news is that Noel's suggestions actually does work even if it
is a bit ugly to manually find all the python references in CMakeCache.txt.

What is everyones opinion of fixing setup.py to be standalone and work with
pypi and pip?  I still think this would be the best path forward.

S Joshua Swamidass
http://swami.wustl.edu/