> Is there any way that I install it for python 2.7 and then edit some
> environment variable or something to change its binding to Python 3.5???

No, because C and C++ libraries such as Open Babel have to link to the
appropriate version of libpython.

Noel's question is "why not use Python 3.5" instead of 3.6? Sierra doesn't come
with Python 3.6, so why did you install that version?

A new release that will be compatible with Python 3.6 will be released - but in
the meantime, I'm using Python 3.5 just fine on my MacBook.

Best regards,
-Geoff