Hi Domi,

> Since there is no GSM MAP support in Osmocom (yet) you won\u2019t be able
> to interconnect via SS7 (SIGTRAN to be correct) with any operator.

Correct.  However, I expect that the technical work to implement MAP
would be insignificant compared to the insurmountable dollar cost (and
possibly an unattainable level of political clout) that would be
required to gain access to the world of MAP roaming interconnects and
RAEX.  I would love to be proven wrong on this point, though!

In the present situation, for someone who is located in USA and wishes
to operate with NANP phone numbers, the only practically feasible way
to interconnect with the global PSTN (in a non-roaming manner) is to
use SIP trunk providers like BulkVS.  SMS interconnection to and from
the outside world is even more difficult, and I am saving that part
for my September OsmoDevCall presentation.

M~