On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 01:36:36PM -0400, kbenjamin Coplon wrote:
> I use vether because I followed this tutorial.
> http://www.bsdnow.tv/tutorials/openbsd-router
> is the tutorial wrong?
>
> I don't have time to try switching the vr today, will report after I do.
>
> thanks for the help :)

The tutorial uses vether(4) to bridge(4) the internally facing NICs
to the same subnet, and is not necessary if your internal LAN
has an Ethernet switch deployed.  If your infrastructure has a
switch, then the LAN can be reached from a single NIC, and neither a
bridge or vether driver is needed.

---

I noticed that the tutorial uses a block device path name in fstab(5),
rather than DUID. The latter are considered a best practice since incept
with OpenBSD 4.9.

The tutorial also mentions mfs filesystems as a possibility for /var and
/tmp.  While mfs is still available, tmpfs filesystems were added at
OpenBSD 5.4 and we are currently in a transition period.  The mfs
filesystems will eventually be removed.