Michael Portz wrote:
Thanks Michael for your response!

Please confirm the following:

- You CAN initialize databases!

[x] I am using DBM files at the moment, next step is to use MySQL with InnoDB
- You CAN generate the new ca key!

[x] Done.
- You CAN generate the request for the ca certificate!

[X] Done.
- You CAN enroll the ca certificate with it afterwards
  being visible on the screen and in the databases!

[X] Done.

All with RC4. I got 4 points, did I win something?
;-)

Best regards
 Michael

Michael Konietzka wrote:

Michael Portz wrote:

I quickly reviewed your recent questions and it seems the core problem
is the same I got: The initial handling of the freshly generated
CA certificate. I am quite sure most of the other problems of the current
RC and CVS versions stem from this one.

So again: ANYBODY got RC4 or newer up and working???

I am playing with RC4, but it is not in production yet. In this phase I am "evaluating" OpenCA if it fits my purposes or if i have to implement some parts on my own. From my point of view I will use the CA and RA-Interfaces, but will create my own Pub-Interface, because I want to integrate the User-Interface in an intranet-portal.

Best regards
 Michael

Laurent Mesuré wrote:

 > [...]

Well, i disagree, i've tried 23 installation and none worked.

I post 11 questions on this list, 3 got answers.

So i abandon OpenCA to try something else, and actually i don't trust OpenCA for production purpose in my job (i m an engineer doing Security Consulting projects).

Laurent.

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Konietzka  Schlund + Partner AG
- Development UNIX -             Brauerstraße 48
    Webservices                  D-76135 Karlsuhe
http://www.schlund.de/           Germany