Yildirim Zaynal <asil.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I would like to have is automatic email notification to the
> users or administrator that a specific certificate is going to
> expire within 1 month etc

With OpenCA 0.9.x its better you write your own application that warns
about expiring. This can then be started as cronjob, whatever

> Anybody with experience of openca + sendmail?

Better perl + sendmail. Openca uses a pipe between perl and sendmail:
Example:

$mailer = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -n -t";

# where -n disables aliasing and -t reads the headers from the message itself

# Then

open(SENDMAIL, "|$mailer") or die "Cannot open $mailer: $!";
         print SENDMAIL "From: m...@mail.com\n";
         print SENDMAIL "To: y...@mail.com\n";
         print SENDMAIL "Subject: Your cert will expire\n";
         print SENDMAIL "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
         print SENDMAIL "Hello,\n blabla";
         close(SENDMAIL);
# message will now sent out by sendmail (if is configured correctly)

Ralf