Yildirim Zaynal <asil.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be worth to try to upgrade to 1.0.2? how would it comply with
> the current database used by 0.9.2.5? it just seems like to much
> work..

Upgrading to 1.0.2 fixes a lot of configuration issues. Additionally,
more features like stronger encryption, CRL extensions, new roles and
LOAs can be used.

The database is nearly the same unless some field properties of the
crl table have changed from varchar to bigint (which was a really
really good idea)

The best way to upgrade is to install openca 1.0.2 and import a backup
from 0.9.x (http://mm.cs.dartmouth.edu/wiki/index.php/How_to_upgrade)

> BTW, trying to start the openca 1.0.2. i get this error:
> Starting OpenCA ... Logging is not initialized.
> Configuration error: Missing Configuration Keyword : CgiCmdsPath
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/etc/openca/openca_start line 65.
> OK
> zayn...@tengritag:/usr/local/etc/openca$
>
> Cant find the problem related.. double checked my config.xml but cant
> see the issue.

Please use the right thread for archiving purposes. I will answer
regarding this problem to this post:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=fb1e10a90901270019xf753579k58bab7774f3d66a5%40mail.gmail.com

Ralf