I certainly would welcome such a tool.

Jon.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Jacquinot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 04:11
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OCF] PCSC installer

Hi Marc,

you answered a bunch of questions regarding driver installation on Wintel
boxes. Do you think there is an interest in a generic installer. I could
provide such a tool and cover at least the most popular readers. Of course
we would need info about which driver needs to be installed under which
version of Windows.

My team did something similar and wrote a setup program that checks for a
correct base component installation and lets you install the drivers for a
smart card reader for the PCMCIA, serial and USB port under Win9x/NT/2k/Me.

The program even handles correct de-installations without crashing Win 2000
(which may happen if someone dares to install the base components and uses
the original Microsoft de-installation of the base components.

Do you know anyone that is interested in such an approach? Please let me
know. I am sure this will take a lot of pain from a deployment to a large
number of end users.

Regards,

Marc Jacquinot

Jacquinot Consulting, Inc.
Phone: (+1) 770-514-8039
Fax:   (+1) 775-898-1775
web: www.jacquinot.com

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.

---