------ Original Message ------

On 22/01/02, 16:26:05, Sam Goldsmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote regarding RE: [OCF] smart card terminals available:

>  i apologize for any one who has a problem with my email about selling my
> smart card terminals. I was very simple and discreet about my offerings
of
> the gemplus terminals. I didnt kill or mame anyone in that process, it
was
> just a simple email. I dont appreciate Marc Palmer spamming back about me
> nor this arturo guy either. I should have done what Marc and Arturo
should

Look Sam - I'm sorry you're unwell at the moment, and I hope you get
better soon. I don't want a huge argument about this again. My post had
that tone because you completely ignore what I and others have said about
this.

However, we have done this argument to death already on this list. You
have completely ignored us in the past (I am not the only person who has
complained) so there is nothing to indicate that a personal mail to you
would alter the outcome.

This reply is to the list as well, because it concerns the list.

I may be wrong, but your persistence on this matter seems to indicate
that you have incorrect assumptions about this list and spam, and it
would certainly do you and your company's reputation well to adopt
everybody else's understanding of these issues.

1) Spam is usually unsolicited commercial email, but can apply to any
unsolicited email that is not directly related to the forum, but is
posted repeatedly. This is what your adverts are. For more info:
http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

Just sending a message to this list is not spamming – otherwise everyone
who ever posted to a list would be spamming. Most list communities accept
that talking about the list itself or problems with it are not spam per
se, although they are boring. It is desirable to continue such
discussions ad infinitum though, as we are both agreed.

2) This is a list about programming Java applications that use the
OpenCard framework. Your adverts have very little to do with this subject
matter. Yes we all need a card reader to use OCF, but your adverts do not
add anything to this forum. We also,in general, need PCs and a Java
Virtual Machine. Adverts for those would not be welcome here either.

There are more general forums where you could post this advert, but you
would likely be hassled there too, for posting the same stuff every few
weeks. Forums are for helping people and sharing knowledge, not pushing
merchandise on people. If you were actively part of the OCF programming
community and not just trying to use it as a cash cow, people might be
more receptive.

I would suggest placing adverts on popular smartcard websites as a more
effective way to sell your readers.

Kind regards,
Marc

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.