I have a few questions for this new found interest in OCF

Will it follow the original design of cardterminal/cardservices...

and will it still use the PC/SC bridge or try some new Java platform port discovery mechanism ? ( ie, java terminals ). Also will this mechanism recognize USB ? I recall IBM was working on a Java USB solution on alphaworks but believe it died.

If the answers to both are yes, then, I'd rather just stick with the JPCSC solution from IBM. It's portable to Linux and is has smaller overhead than cardterminal/cardservices.

Just my $.02

Joseph Smith

www.javacard.info

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online --- > Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more > information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents. > This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/ ! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email ! to ! [EMAIL PROTECTED] ! containing the word ! unsubscribe ! in the body.