I know about general issues with Linux and USB, that's why I mentioned the Java USB support that was started some time ago. And the JPCSC I'm using is 0.7. I state it's mature because I know that the host side application I write that uses native implementation of PCSC Lite will run on two platforms, Windows and Linux. OCF -> PCSC bridge doesn't give me that flexiblilty because that native PCSC implementation works only on Windows. Therefore, I move from Java to a native language. That's why I asked if there will be terminal drivers.

I also acknowledge that PCSC itself has some issues that could be redesigned as well.

I understand you want a repository for the patches/fixes. But since it will be open sourced maybe a redesign would be beneficial as well. I'm sure there are some laid off Gemplus/SLB engineers that would have some ideas to contribute. They might even have something they've done in the lab that could be shared. I would say IBM but it appears as if they've lost insterest in it.

That's nice to know about the Smartmouse with RXTX, but not all of my clients or government agencies I support, want to be tied to one particular vendor "that works fine" here or there. As a matter of fact, I have a government agency,( thru bad design ) that ONLY supports USB terminals.

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. --- > Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more > information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents. > This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/ ! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email ! to ! [EMAIL PROTECTED] ! containing the word ! unsubscribe ! in the body.