Hello

  I'm currently trying to understand the difference
between the TPDU and APDU protocols

   I have read some ISO materials, and I understood
that mainly the APDU 4-th case (when data are incoming
and data are outgoiong) is not mapped directly onto
the TPDU protocol.
  As I have understood, the 4-th case is mapped into
two TPDUs, one normal Command APDU with no LE byte,
only the LC and the incoming data, and after this one
, a GET RESPONSE Command APDU with the LE as P3.

   I don't understand why this case can't be mapped
onto a singel TPDU, why the JCRE(for example) cannot
read all the incoming bytes of and 4-th case APDU,
including the LE, do you know? Because with a case 2
command it has no problem, the APDU are mapped
directly onto the TPDU.
     I managed to get the JCardManager of my Gemplus
toolkit working, and I managed to authenticate and
send some commands to the card, as the GET STATUS
command.
    I want to ask you how can I see the TPDUs that are
sent from the host to the reader? because I assume
that this level of transforming the APDU into TPDU(or
more than one TPDU if is neccesary) is not done into
the reader, I assume that this is done on the host
side. Can you tell me where this translation is taking
place? I haven't had a chance to write my own host
side application yet. And on the card side as well,
the incoming messages are TPDUs, so it's the
responsability of the JCRE to translate them into
APDUs?

  Do you know any serial line sniffer(on linux or
Windows), or any way that I can see this incoming and
outgoing TPDUs, for me to fully understand the way the
card , the reader and the host side communicate.

   Thank you very much!

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.