Hi. I noticed a lack of activity, and I'm assuming real life is taking most of James' time. However, I'm a little bit more familiar with kernel development and git usage now, and might make myself some time to put his changes in shape for merging (I know it will probably take several tries). AFAIR, the main reason to wait was for distributions to catch up with version 3.0, which I believe already happened, and this seems specially urgent since there are talks about dropping DRI1 from X.org. If there is any interest in this, I'll probably have the time, but I'll need a few pointers in a few subjects. First, I'd need a brief description of how is the recommended way to submit patches to the DRM subsystem (for example, do they accept standalone style fixes, so I could send those first?), and specifically how to handle the copyright part, since the actual author of the code is James, I'll just be restructuring how the patches are organized.

Let me know if I'm missing anything else.

Regards,
Mario.