Hi Jim,

I totally agree that, in principle, Lojban could have a huge number of
applications involving human-machine interaction ... and human-human
interaction....   If biology and philosophy papers were written in
Lojban, knowledge would advance faster...

However I don't currently see a viable route to getting Lojban used by
a significant group of humans....   Maybe once we have advanced AGIs,
if some geeky people want to communicate with the AGIs in something
more closely resembling their native language, they will learn a
future version of Lojban to do so?  ;0

On the other hand, as an internal tool within significantly
logic-focused AI systems, I can increasingly see a quite practical
near-term usage....  Potentially this usage will -- in some way we
can't exactly foresee right now -- lead to human adoption in some
subcommunity as well... but if it just helps us get to AGI a bit
faster and better, that's good enough ;) ...

-- Ben

-- Ben

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CACYTDBc%2BbW-oXnYtqiYHg_6ZQeVawJghDKhL-jZ6%3DPCmmYyFAw%40mail.gmail.com.