Interesting.

What I’m hearing is that while the original two methods likely achieve the
requisite attention spreading they don’t do this fast enough.

Rather than introduce a new third method, it seems to me that we could simply
replace the spreading of importance from everything in the AF with the
spreading of importance K links out, where the value of K might be determined
from context. The “third method” really just seems to me to be a generalized
version of AF spreading rather than a new method. As Roman points out, the
actual mechanics of how to spread K links out also needs to be determined.

—matt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/1F463D95-D0D5-4B95-9D4D-092C0EEFDDFC%40gmail.com.