No, my goal is to build AGI for the benefit of humanity and it is not
chatbot for entertainment. Apparently, there will be different
characters/personalities, e.g.:
- teacher that explores the pupils current knowledge, beliefs, reasoning
styles, personality, motivational system and that provides exactly targeted
information and explanations. Math teacher (from school to graduate level)
can be good example.
- Math scientist that discovers, explains, publishes and implements new
optimization algorithms
- legal QA system
- IT development system that can reengineer legacy code, recover
specification from the the code, explore and explain code
and so on, so on

In each case the AGI agent should explore that she knows and what she does
not know and then she should decide what knowledge is necessary and then
gather those knowledge. She - the agent - should estimate each fact, piece
of knowledge, how deep she understands this piece and if she does not
understand then she should go out for further knowledge - she can read
books, she can automatically post in forums and wait for replies, she can
seek conversations with different agents of human beings. So - she starts
with the minimum knowledge and basic understanding, self-learning
capabilities and the she gets more knowledge, she deepns the notions "what
is understanging", "how should I learn", "what are my emotions and
motivations", "what are emotions and motivations of my students" and so on.

So - the essence of my question was this - should we encode these basic
capabilities or can be just automatically translate all the wikipedia (or
largers corpus) into Atomspace and wait till those basic skills -
understanding, self-learning - emerge? My guess is that we should provide
basic skills and ignite self-learning process. Actually - that is exactly
how humanity develops. There is no corpus in the world that fully explains
what understanging is, how to solve the problems of epistemology, what
types of emotions humans have and so on. There is no such corpus and I
guess there will never be full answers. So - we should replicate the path
of humanity that approachs those questions in step-by-step manner and
sometimes are content with the partial answers that can or may not converge
to something that can be called truth.

So, I am trying this encoding, but everythins is so slow for me.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/cbe42e21-7f16-4073-981b-cfc75a644a17%40googlegroups.com.