Hi Jack,

I looked over the google-docs document on anticipatory machine reading. You
might get new insight from reading
http://www.coli.uni-saarland.de/courses/syntactic-theory-09/literature/MTT-Handbook2003.pdf
Sylvain
*KAHANE 's* review of Meaning-Text theory. I think you will enjoy the way
meaning gets represented there.

Regarding atomspace in java -- it probably would be more productive to just
write java bindings for the atomspace. That way, you can just use it -- it
works its, functioning and ready to go.  There's 71KLOC of code there, and
it took years to develop it and get it fully debugged.  There's another
49KLOC of unit tests.

-- Linas

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 11:41 AM Jack Park <jackp...@topicquests.org> wrote:

> Since I have limited experience with c/c++, but some ability to
> transliterate other programs to Java, I decided to build a Java version of
> AtomSpace solely to better understand how AtomSpace is supposed to work.
> The project is far from functional but already is helping me understand
> this platform. The code is at
> https://github.com/KnowledgeGarden/krr-explorer
>
> My ambition might be similar to that of the OpenCog community, but I'll
> explain a few bits.
> The project is now named OpenSherlock (started life as SolrSherlock but
> migrated away from Solr in other directions). Fundamentally, the object
> which is AtomSpace in OpenSherlock is a topic map; working on a PhD
> project, I asked the question; could a topic map learn to and by reading?
> After defending the thesis proposal, I crafted a topic map simulator which,
> in fact, performed far better than expected, so that grew up to be
> OpenSherlock.
>
> An emerging explanation of that project is taking shape in this early
> draft manuscript:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kj9fe96srHhA5GOscYglR5XDLy8jEIHdWCZVNGMSXeI/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I chose to explore AtomSpace because OpenSherlock was first inspired by
> LinkGrammar; it is called *anticipatory* for a reason.
> AtomSpace, for me, is like Disneyland; so much to explore, so little time.
>
> Cheers,
> -Jack
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/cfd6efd1-ee13-42e3-ab31-e718abddeb79%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/cfd6efd1-ee13-42e3-ab31-e718abddeb79%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA34hO%2BjgigcXMn1%3DOA4dTC79kbPZM9GKhTDGCrJ-AjincA%40mail.gmail.com.