>> It doesn't look like I can add the variables using an optional argument:
>
>It would be strange if such argument hasn't been ported. Any idea about
>that Vitaly (or someone else)?

Yes it is ported, the name of the parameter is `vardecl`. I believe the
following should work:
```
            variables = VariableList(VariableNode("origin"),
VariableNode("destination"))
            chainer = BackwardChainer(atomspace, rbs, query,
vardecl=variables)
```

>Vitaly, please tell Alex how to set the ure logger level if he doesn't
>know how.

URE logger is not ported into Python API, the simplest way to set its level
I know is:
```
    scheme_eval(atomspace, '(use-modules (opencog logger) (opencog ure))')
    scheme_eval(atomspace, '(cog-logger-set-level! (cog-ure-logger)
"DEBUG")')
```

>Also how can we find documentation about the Python API of the
>URE (I probably should learn it as well)?

There is no specific about Python API for URE it copies C++ API as far as I
know.
There is an example on Python OpenCog API wiki:
https://wiki.opencog.org/w/Python#Backward_Chainer
One can also look at unit tests:
https://github.com/opencog/ure/tree/master/tests/cython

Best regards,