On 1/16/20 4:04 PM, Alexander Gabriel wrote:
    Also, are you sure you want to use StateLink? I tend to think reasoning
    works better on immutable structures.

The robot needs to decide what to do based on the state of the human and the environment, so if the human has a crate do this, if not do that. Thus I need to keep track of the human state which I do via StateLinks. Is that suboptimal?

I can't really tell, I've never used StateLink. As Linas suggested Value might be better for various reasons. But as an AI-via-reasoning fundamentalist I would think ideally you should avoid immutable structures. That means for instance recording perceptions through time, via for instance AtTimeLink, as opposed to changing states.

Doing this makes it easier to acquire a consciousness of time, but it's obviously much more expensive. You have to learn (or have the system learn) what to store in long-term memory, what to discard, etc.

I wish I could tell you more on the practical side but unfortunately I lack experience (would like to but I've other things on my plate). I do intend though in the future to experiment with purely reasoning-based intelligent agents. I tend to think, as inefficient as it is today, is a gold mine for AGI research.

Nil

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "opencog" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opencog+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:opencog+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/5a0fbe52-0efb-4d16-a0ec-853af46dfd6f%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/5a0fbe52-0efb-4d16-a0ec-853af46dfd6f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.