>>So please don't say "old" -- it's the real deal, its what actually works
*right now*.

Sorry for that. I said I was not qualified and have just been playing with
it.

It was easy to get opencog running. With that, the curious user can go to
the scheme interpreter by typing `scm` and import it like `(use-modules
(opencog))` as described in:
https://wiki.opencog.org/w/Getting_Started_with_Atoms_and_the_Scheme_Shell