Okay,

After 5 hours of uploading, I've put up a new version for Solaris. This is 4.0.10 and is quite huge 27.7MB due to the fact that it has all the bells and whistles (full ImageMagick support).

David

I'm working with a new user to DX who is having trouble getting things
going. He's tried downloading both the available Solaris open source
version (I think that was about 4.0.5?) and the 3.1.4b. He had trouble
getting the OpenDX version to run at all, and now is having trouble running
a net under 3.1.4b which runs quite successfully on SGI Extreme and Indy at
two other locations, both using 3.1.4b.

His machine is:

Sun Ultra Enterprise 2, dual processor, SunOS 5.6/Solaris 2.6 512 MB memory

I guess what I'm wondering is how soon one of you who has built the new
4.0.10 version for Sun might be posting it as a binary? This would be a
good opportunity for yet another tester with a real-world problem to run on
it.

Thanks!

I know nothing about Sun's and their various OSes. Does it seem likely that
this is a later version than would reasonably likely run 3.1.4b? He can run
some samples but not this program: yes, I developed it, but no, there are
no custom modules or anything weird in it to speak of. All help appreciated.

Chris Pelkie
Vice President/Scientific Visualization Producer
Conceptual Reality Presentations, Inc.
30 West Meadow Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(607) 257-8335 or (607) 254-8794

David L. Thompson                          The University of Montana
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Computer Science Department
http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/dthompsn           Missoula, MT  59812
                                           Work Phone : (406)257-8530