After whacking dx to build with srcdir != builddir (patch to come some
other time) and fixing some stupid bugs in lesstif, I'm running into a
problem that I don't quite know how to solve. When I connect to the server
from the UI, I get something like:

(gdb) run -r -p2 -B
Starting program: /dx/dx/bin_linux/dxexec -r -p2 -B

Memory cache will use 374 MB (22 for small items, 352 for large)

port = 1900
server: accepted connection from client
Fork Children unable to get child id 30199
Fork Children unable to get child id 30200
child process 30199 (30199) exited, status = 255

Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
The program no longer exists.

The "Fork Children ..." message comes from src/exec/dpexec/dxmain.c:1652

(Yes, I am trying to use multiprocessor mode, but the same problem occurs
without $DXPROCESSORS set or -p2 passed.)

All assistance welcomed,
-- Elliot
It is easier to turn excellent functionality into excellent appearance
than excellent appearance into excellent functionality.