I can tell you right now that MP for linux is not going to work correctly.
If you look at the memory routines, you will note that for MP to work you
will need shared memory segments working as well. The problem is, there is
no code that exists for setting this up on linux. (I believe this to be
the fact, however, I'd like to hear others opinions on this.)

David

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Elliot Lee wrote:

> After whacking dx to build with srcdir != builddir (patch to come some
> other time) and fixing some stupid bugs in lesstif, I'm running into a
> problem that I don't quite know how to solve. When I connect to the server
> from the UI, I get something like:
>
> (gdb) run -r -p2 -B
> Starting program: /dx/dx/bin_linux/dxexec -r -p2 -B
>
> Memory cache will use 374 MB (22 for small items, 352 for large)
>
> port = 1900
> server: accepted connection from client
> Fork Children unable to get child id 30199
> Fork Children unable to get child id 30200
> child process 30199 (30199) exited, status = 255
>
> Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
> The program no longer exists.
>
> The "Fork Children ..." message comes from src/exec/dpexec/dxmain.c:1652
>
> (Yes, I am trying to use multiprocessor mode, but the same problem occurs
> without $DXPROCESSORS set or -p2 passed.)
>
> All assistance welcomed,
> -- Elliot
> It is easier to turn excellent functionality into excellent appearance
> than excellent appearance into excellent functionality.

David L. Thompson                       e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        University of Montana/CS Department
                                        Missoula, MT  59812
                                        Work Phone : (406)243-4793