More or less figured out my problem yesterday with applying the patch to
the Makefile.am (all were applied to the Makefile.am in dx directory).

The only problem I had was with the patch was the configure.in. The
Makefile generated with the new configure did not fill in the variables
(ie, SHELL = @SHELL@).  When I used the original configure.in everything
compiled, installed, and seemed to run fine.

Tested on SGI with both gcc and MIPSpro 7.3 compiler.

Jeff

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Peter Daniel Kirchner wrote:

> Folks,
> This patch touches a lot of files.  I am inclined to apply it to cvs next
> week after you've all had a chance to apply this patch locally and test it
> on your various architectures.
> Regards,
> Pete
>
> Elliot Lee wrote:
>
> > Against latest CVS, http://people.redhat.com/sopwith/opendx-misc.patch
> >
> > If I'm supposed to be sending this somewhere else, please let me know.
> >
> > What the patch does:
> >         . I build with builddir != srcdir as much as possible, so the
> >         Makefile.am's and some other files needed changing to work with
> >         this.
> >         . On the way to finding a bug (that turned out not to be in
> >         opendx anyways :), I fixed tons of warnings.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > -- Elliot
> > Red Hat, a Red Hat company

Jeff Braun                        Geophysics Dept.
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Montana Tech
(406) 496-4206                    1300 W. Park St.
                                  Butte, MT 59701