We did see this on Linux back with version ?.?. Suhaib had discovered that it was a problem with X11 or Motif (I don't remember which). We haven't seen it on the other platforms because the versions of X and Motif have fixed this behavior. I don't know how one would fix this with Irix unless SGI did something. You can try looking at the caching functions, but when everybody upgraded RedHat and the problem went away, I was pretty sure that Suhaib must have been correct.

David

Jeff Braun:
> >Another strange quirk. If you have a volume rendered image up, change the
 > >view, and then try to use Options->Undo on the image window to bring back
 > >the old view, the image you get is garbage.  It comes back instantly so
 > > it's apparently not trying to rerender.

 I could not duplicate the problem on Linux or Windows, either. It seems to
 just occur on Irix, which I believe Randall uses.

 It seems to just be associated with red objects. I think that was always
 the case. The cached images have red lines streaking across the image
 originating from the red objects.

That pretty well describes it perfectly.  This was a simple net running on
IRIX.
I was using volume rendering, it was a Color(red) volume with the background
voxels marked invalid), and the invalid render was red horizontal streaking
lines.

Randy