I'm not saying that I can't install another version, what I'm asking is should we move on up? One of the things with cygwin is that the automatic installer they provide removes your old versions if you do an upgrade. Then you have to re-install it from source yourself after the fact. (ick).

As far as backing back out, it's pretty easy just have someone grab the last good version "cvs update -r(version num)" followed by a commit.

I will try it on a few systems, but primarily the changes came down to using more of the built in autoconf macros instead of our home rolled ones.

By the way, how many people are still using the old version 1.x of cygwin? If no-one, then the DX_CYGWIN_MOUNTS is doing us no good and should be scrapped. In my 2.5 update stuff, I had to scrap it (problems with unmatching quotes).

Greg, Peter, I'd like to hear from you on this.

David

A few naive questions: I'm assuming like most GNU tools that multiple
autoconf versions can be installed on a system (to different prefix
directories)?  Also, if there's a big problem with autoconf-2.5 discovered
after-the-fact, I'm assuming we can back out the delta and go another
route?

If yes and yes, I'd vote for just checking it after you do as much testing
as you can.  I can pitch in with autoconf test results on Solaris, SGI, and
FreeBSD and report problems.

Randy

--
Randall Hopper (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Lockheed Martin Operation Support

David L. Thompson                          The University of Montana
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Computer Science Department
http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/dthompsn           Missoula, MT  59812
                                           Work Phone : (406)257-8530