Hello,

Is it possible to replace the cache command line option by something inside
the scripting language?

I want something like
$ dx -script
Starting DX executive ...
 0:  worker here [12041]

dx> cache = "off";
dx>

to be equivalent to

$ dx -script -cache off
Starting DX executive ...
 0:  worker here [12041]

dx>

Is this possible?

Aside: I just noticed that I don't know (and could not find) the command
for printing variable values in the scripting language.  Is there one?

Thank you,

Nicolas.

P.S.:  1. The reason for this question is that I have difficulties with calling
DX in script mode from CMU Common Lisp and SBCL.
  (ext:run-program "/usr/bin/dx" `("-script") :output *trace-output*)
works, but
  (ext:run-program "/usr/bin/dx" `("-script" "-cache off") :output
                   *trace-output*)
does not work.  It yields an error

/usr/bin/dx : unrecognized parameter:  [1]
(use -help to get usage information)

2. I'm running Debian/testing.  Everything worked on Debian/stable.