Andrew,
The CCR would not be implemented as a composition archetype but as a
template.  Obviously there will be a composition archetype required and
several section archetypes but they would not be specifically designed for
CCR.  The same archetypes should be able to be used in Australia
(HealthConnect/NEHTA Discharge Summaries), UK, NZ, etc.  The CCR template
will ensure it reflects the requirements of the CCR data model.

Most of these archetypes already exist in some sense but it would certainly
be useful piece of work to ensure all the CCR requirements are supported in
the various archetypes as the CCR is really not anything different to
HealthConnect Event Summaries or UK equivalents.  This might be done as part
of the Detailed Clinical Modelling work that is being done in the US.

Even though it would be relatively simple to construct a CCR from these
existing archetypes into a single composition, openEHR is designed to be
more intelligent in its representation of data that is copied into Discharge
Summaries from existing documents such as Lab Reports, Prescriptions,
Problem List and Referrals.  By using LINKs from the Discharge Summary
composition to these existing items in the EHR, your able to manage the
duplication of EHR content which is commonly copied into Discharge Summaries
and Referrals.  Using this approach, the Discharge Summary or Referral
composition becomes relatively small document containing only actually
created at the time of creating the composition such as the letter and LINKs
to the existing documents, which is committed and communicated to the
intended recipient as an EHR Extract containing the Discharge/Referral
composition and the associated compositions that are LINK targets in the
Discharge/Referral composition.  Ocean is currently working on the details
of this representation using the NEHTA Discharge Summary Template
specification which is more detailed than the CCR.

Even though the representation of the Discharge Summary in openEHR is a
collection of LINKed content rather than a single document, it is expected
to be able to produce a CDAr2 equivalent of the openEHR composition for
communication purposes, but of course you lose the advantages provided by
openEHR.

Regards

Heath

Heath Frankel