Thomas Beale wrote:
> Tim Churches wrote:
>> I know that the openEHR/Ocean Informatics/UCL people, and perhaps some
>> other research groups, believe fervently in the adequacy and
>> practicality of the openEHR approach, but modern health care has just
>> about dispensed with fervent belief. Formal studies in peer-reviewed
>> journals are needed - and yes, those takes time - perhaps a large part
>> of a decade. But the openEHR project has been going form a decade or so
>> now, and the GEHR project for nearly a decade prior to that. What's a
>> few more years?
>>   
> well, actually, openEHR was only created in 1999, so that's 8 years.

OK, I stand corrected.

> But your really shouldn't accuse people of using 'fervant belief' when 
> they are using scientific methods. All of the progress made so far is 
> based on evidence and testing.

Where can I read about that evidence and the results of that testing,
Thomas? That was my point. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places? I
can find some papers, and lots of technical reports published by Ocean
Informatics and openEHR and a few others describing the underlying ideas
and implementation details of openEHR, but no documents which describe
how well it actually works in practice - any aspect of "how well it
works", from speed and capacity with large data volumes and many users,
to the adequacy of concept representation when using currently published
archetype definitions in the field, to the ability to seemlessly
exchange openEHR data between heterogenous openEHR clinical information
systems without information loss or degradation or misinterpretation.

I'd be very grateful if you could point out these papers and reports.
But only if they are publicly available. No-one is interested in
unpublished, unavailable reports. Yet-to-be published manuscripts, yes.
Research degree dissertations, if available in electronic form, yes.

Of course, I should do a fresh PubMed and Google Scholar search on
openEHR. I last did one about 10 or 11 months ago and could not find any
evaluations of how well openEHR works in practice, only descriptions of it.

Tim C
_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
openEHR-clinical at openehr.org
http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical



Reply via email to