Hi again,

I was wondering if somebody has put some thoughts on a "patient
transfer" archetype which would serve to record the transfer of patients
between different wards within a hospital. Why would it be interesting
to have this information archetyped? For example we'd like to calculate
the time that a catheter has been applied at the ICU. As a catheter
often doesn't get removed when the patient leaves the ICU, we need to
calculate the time by using both the catheter documentation and the
patient transfer data.

In our case, SAP i.s.h. med has a simple data model for patient
transfers (Patient-ID, Type of transfer/move, timestamp, department,
ward, sometimes (bed)). Are there any use cases you can think of that
would require additional information? Would the creation of such an
archetype would be of interest for someone else?

Kind regards,

--
*Birger Haarbrandt, M.Sc.*

Peter L. Reichertz Institut f?r Medizinische Informatik
Technische Universit?t Braunschweig und
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
M?hlenpfordtstra?e 23
D-38106 Braunschweig