In my own terms:

- ENTRIES define the meta-data about one of five possible processes 
(ResultCollection/Observation, Inference/Assessment, Planning, Ordering, 
Execution
- They express that as the result of one of these processes one or more 
statements about the patient system are documented.
- Statements have the format:
 topic T has as result R, where T is an entity and R can be many things: 
number, code, multi media, etc.
plus the context data dealing with: localisations in space, time and patient 
system, plus the particiapations, plys the reasons why, the method and 
confounding factors.

The Blood pressure that is documented is a named ?panel? consisting of two 
statements (systolic and diastolic) documented as the result of the 
ResultCollection/Observation process.
And Apgar is the same. It is a named ?panel? consisting of multiple statements 
that have the nature of a questionnaire for documenting and processing 
observations. It can be seen as a complex semantic ordinal.

Gerard Freriks
+31 620347088
gfrer at luna.nl <mailto:gfrer at luna.nl>
> On 2 apr. 2015, at 15:29, Thomas Beale <thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com> 
> wrote:
> 
> oops - he did - but I missed in the formatting that he was being properly 
> precise (and I can't even claim ignorance, I know the syntax well, I've been 
> one of the reviewers of the drafts over the years).
> 
> So this puts a different cast on the question.
> 
> One of the things I believe we most urgently need to do in the ontology / 
> terminology area is to actually establish an ontology whose concepts 
> correspond to each archetype as a whole, and whose english-language mnemonic 
> names are understood to be the short names we use in the archetype 
> identifiers (i.e. things like 'apgar_score'). As mentioned in the Knowledge 
> Artefact Identification? 
> <http://www.openehr.org/releases/trunk/architecture/am/knowledge_id_system.pdf>document,
>  this ontology could potentially be situated under a new version of IAO 
> <http://www.ontobee.org/browser/rdf.php?o=IAO&iri=http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/IAO_0000027>.
>  Note that all archetypes in openEHR (and I would argue in health) are 
> information objects _about_ some X, where X is some ontological entity. I.e. 
> the general epistemic X IS-ABOUT ontological X relation.
> 
> In this sense, 'blood_pressure' doesn't mean blood pressure in the real 
> world, it means 'result of observation of blood pressure'.
> 
> Things like Apgar are tricky because they are a first order information item, 
> even in the real world. So the Apgar_result archetype isn't really 'about' 
> Apgar result in the same sense. It's 'about' the health status of a newborn. 
> I'm not sure what the ontologist's view of this is...
> 
> - thomas

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://lists.openehr.org/pipermail/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org/attachments/20150403/4d1238c8/attachment.html>

Reply via email to