Danny

Not sure what you're background is in informatics, but sense you could
fairly easily get confused here.
There may be something helpful in these articles.
frectal.com/2013/09/18/transatlantic_thoughts_onvista_nhs/
frectal.com/2014/06/30/21stc-healthcare-open-platform/

Essentially;
#VistA is a successful EHR from the VA, which needs refactoring to bring it
into the 21st Century. Its architecture is complex + and it could do with
improvements along the lines of openEHR imho.
#openEHR offers the technical specifications & architecture that many of us
feel is well suited to 21st Century healthcare platform, esp the two level
modelling elements (aka archetypes and templates) to build scalable
healthcare applications. openEHR can be implemented in several flavours
with languages from .net to java and databases from SQL to NoSQL in active
use.
That first article was to suggest these 2 camps could learn from each
other..
ie VistA could learn from openEHR and openEHR could learn from the NoSQL
properties of M.

Much of the standards efforts in healthcare to date has been about
standardising the messages between system eg HL7 , FHIR etc, which doesn't
get to the heart of the 21st C challenge. openEHR goes deeper than that to
standardise the architecture of healthcare applications via a platform
approach, (which by the way can help with message standardisation as a
by-product).

Further background reading here;
http://frectal.com/book/

regards
Tony

Re: greetings and 2 questions
openEHR-implementers [openehr-implementers-bounces at lists.openehr.org] on
behalf of Diego Bosc? [yampeku at gmail.com]
Outlook Web Access has blocked access to attachments. Blocked attachments:
ATT00001.txt.
To help protect your privacy, some content in this message has been
blocked. If you are sure that this message is from a trusted sender and you
want to re-enable the blocked features, click here.
Sent: 20 April 2015 12:05
To:
For openEHR implementation discussions [
openehr-implementers at lists.openehr.org]; For openEHR clinical discussions [
openehr-clinical at lists.openehr.org]
Sorry for the confusion, I assumed you had a background in FHIR :)
I think what archetypes are is well explained here:
https://openehr.atlassian.net/wiki/display/healthmod/Introduction+to+Archetypes+and+Archetype+classes
I encourage you to visit the wiki. Archetypes are aimed to clinicians so
you will have no problems with that. I'll also send this mail to the
clinical discussions list, from which you will get responses suited for you.
The use of standards in healthcare is not the as widespread as it is in
other domains, and not all factors are 'solvable' (i.e. political factors)

Hi Diego,

Thank you for the response.

1. WorldVista is the group but yes it seems to be a software too.  There is
also a software called openVista. The origination of Vista came from the
Veterans affairs in the US. It was written in MUMPS programming language
with is also the database. From my understanding, GT.M is the mumps
database but mumps is also the language. The database is indexed so I think
that is noSQL. How is openEHR different? Which implementations have been
successful and do they talk to each other?

2. Wow, this is confusing to me. Can you please elaborate? Please explain
like I am a two year old. I am a clinician by training and new to
programming. Archetypes? I found this:
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/ParallelPatterns/CITarchetypes/archetypes.html.
Also can you explain how interoperability is still a problem if there is a
standard like HL7/ISO13606? ISO13606 mentions something about identifiable
information.

Best,

danny