I agree it's not a healthy situation...the amount of money has little to
do with the software...VistA is consistently rated by doctors and nurses
as better than Epic, Cerner etc. The cost has more to do with
procurement and software development practices in the US federal system
and EU, Canada, Australia etc. for that matter... plus the size and
complexity of the VA itself. There are many examples of how improvement
can be made faster and at a reasonable cost... Tony Shannon and Rob
Tweed contributed good examples recently.

Having said that .... this is way off topic for this list... happy to
discuss offline or suggest going to HardHats.

Joseph