Hi David,

until we discovered that a few scores use non Integral values, there was
no need for a 'real' type with no units. There is a CR to enable
DV_ORDINAL to have real values. Until then, I would suggest using the
DV_QUANTITY approach, that's the most frequently used one in the past.
Other than these scores, I have never heard of a real value that doesn't
have units in medicine. Does anyone know of any? If there is one, we
would need a new data type as well, but it still wouldn't be the one to
use for scores.

- thomas