Hi

I prefer modelling with specialized and small archetypes, this way I may choose 
to query across templates (contains [openEHR.EHR.OBSERVATION.whatever.v1]) or 
ask for the template/specific composition if the context is important.

So, your model method 1 does not exclude using queries method 2, but choosing 
modelling method 2 makes queries model 1 harder in my opinion. For this reason, 
I prefer model 1.

Best regards

Vennlig hilsen
Lars Morgan Karlsen
Seniorkonsulent

DIPS ASA
8037 BODØ
Mobil (+47) 900 54 284<tel:(+47)%20900%2054%20284>
Tlf: (+47) 75 59 20 00<tel:(+47)%2075%2059%2020%2000>
http://www.dips.no<http://www.dips.no/>
Denne meldingen er bare ment for mottakeren, og kan inneholde fortrolige 
opplysninger eller annen privat informasjon.
Hvis du mottar denne ved en feil, vær så vennlig å varsle avsender og slett 
meldingen.




Fra: openEHR-clinical [mailto:[email protected]] På 
vegne av Pablo Pazos
Sendt: tirsdag 26. september 2017 03:52
Til: For openEHR clinical discussions <[email protected]>
Emne: Modeling generic concepts, considerations for querying

Hi all,

I'm working with the clinical synopsis archetype, using it to model very open 
psychotherapy notes. The difference of that archetype from, for instance, blood 
pressure, triage, problem/diagnosis, is these archetypes are more or less very 
specific concepts, while synopsis might be used in many contexts, by different 
specialties, to save different kinds of data. The synopsis itself is a very 
generic concept.

Considering querying for a synopsis, I think queries should consider the 
context, not only the archetype id. For instance if I want the psychotherapy 
notes instead of other kinds of clinical synopsis, some extra data should be 
given in the query.

I can see two ways of doing this, with more 1. specific archetypes or 2. using 
templates to filter the query results. 1. means the synopsis archetype might  
be specialized to synopsis-psychotherapy, so queries can use that new archetype 
id. 2. at the template level using the synopsis archetype, and the template is 
for psychotherapy. This implies the template id should be used on the query as 
context/filter.

What alternative do clinical modelers see as more correct?

I like specializing archetypes because we can keep queries simple, but we might 
end up with a lot of archetypes. Using templates makes queries more complex, 
but we don't need more archetypes for specializations.

Thanks!

PS: please let me know if this doesn't make sense :)

--
Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez
e: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
p: +598 99 043 145
skype: cabolabs

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B27lX-sxkymfdEdPLVI5UTZuZlU&revid=0B27lX-sxkymfcUwzT0N2RUs3bGU2UUovakc4VXBxWFZ6OXNnPQ]<http://cabolabs.com/>
http://www.cabolabs.com<http://www.cabolabs.com/>
https://cloudehrserver.com<https://cloudehrserver.com/>
Subscribe to our newsletter<http://eepurl.com/b_w_tj>


_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org

Reply via email to