I agree with this one. Option 1 would create a kind of forest of dependencies, many many archetypes in complex hierarchic systems, like SNOMED in the endnodes.
I don't think anyone would want this.

Option 2 is the option represents the power of OpenEHR.
By the way, SNOMED also supports higher hierarchical concepts, although this is not the question, I mention it because it is an interesting opportunity for coding more generic concepts and connect them to more generic archetypes. I think, interesting algorithms are possible in finding specialization-possibilities and in template design
But I guess, that will be another discussion.

Bert


On 26-09-17 11:50, Jussara macedo wrote:
I also recommend to use option 2. The most powerful feature of the openEHR approach is to have the concepts builds as lego blocks, the maximum data, aiming they can be reused in several scenarios. That let out of the messy spaces of specialist systems, each one modeling their own vision of concepts. From a national governance perspective whose goal is to have a national repository, that is the preferred way of modeling.
Regards
Jussara Rotzsch


Em ter, 26 de set de 2017 às 06:25, Seref Arikan <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> escreveu:

    Hi Pablo,

    I am not a clinician but as an implementer I see the benefits of
    less specific archetypes quite often. The fundamental role of
    archetypes is reuse. It is so by design and templates solve the
    problem of composition (in the object oriented sense, not the RM
    type).

    I think the rule I try to follow when I think about the models is:
    when you're decreasing the reuseability of an archetype, you're
    taking a decision in a direction that is against the design of
    openEHR. Sounds a bit harsh, I know :) this is not a rule we can
    always follow but in your case I think using the template approach
    to define context and reuse the archetype in different contexts is
    a better option.

    I think you'll see the benefits of focusing on archetype reuse as
    an implementer, even if you don't consider other parties reusing
    your archetypes: a case which Heather, Ian, Silje et.al
    <http://et.al>. are sensitive about since they keep an eye on the
    global state of affairs. If you go with templates, everybody wins :)

    All the best
    Seref


    On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Pablo Pazos
    <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

        Hi all,

        I'm working with the clinical synopsis archetype, using it to
        model very open psychotherapy notes. The difference of that
        archetype from, for instance, blood pressure, triage,
        problem/diagnosis, is these archetypes are more or less very
        specific concepts, while synopsis might be used in many
        contexts, by different specialties, to save different kinds of
        data. The synopsis itself is a very generic concept.

        Considering querying for a synopsis, I think queries should
        consider the context, not only the archetype id. For instance
        if I want the psychotherapy notes instead of other kinds of
        clinical synopsis, some extra data should be given in the query.

        I can see two ways of doing this, with more 1. specific
        archetypes or 2. using templates to filter the query results.
        1. means the synopsis archetype might  be specialized to
        synopsis-psychotherapy, so queries can use that new archetype
        id. 2. at the template level using the synopsis archetype, and
        the template is for psychotherapy. This implies the template
        id should be used on the query as context/filter.

        What alternative do clinical modelers see as more correct?

        I like specializing archetypes because we can keep queries
        simple, but we might end up with a lot of archetypes. Using
        templates makes queries more complex, but we don't need more
        archetypes for specializations.

        Thanks!

        PS: please let me know if this doesn't make sense :)

-- Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez
        e: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
        p: +598 99 043 145 <tel:+598%2099%20043%20145>
        skype: cabolabs
                <http://cabolabs.com/>
        http://www.cabolabs.com <http://www.cabolabs.com/>
        https://cloudehrserver.com <https://cloudehrserver.com/>
        Subscribe to our newsletter <http://eepurl.com/b_w_tj>


        _______________________________________________
        openEHR-clinical mailing list
        [email protected]
        <mailto:[email protected]>
        
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org


    _______________________________________________
    openEHR-clinical mailing list
    [email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>
    http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org

--
Jussara Rötzsch Sent from Gmail Mobile


_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org


_______________________________________________
openEHR-clinical mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openehr.org/mailman/listinfo/openehr-clinical_lists.openehr.org

Reply via email to