On 10/11/2017 11:21, BoĊĦtjan Lah wrote:
On 10 Nov 2017, at 14:19, Thomas Beale <thomas.be...@openehr.org> wrote:

you can't restrict from 1..1 => 0..* in a template - it's not allowed in any
restriction algebra, of which ADL is an example.

If it is thought that no occurrnces constraint might be needed in any
derivative archetype or template, the original parent should have 0..1 or 0..*
as appropriate.
Yes, but I think making all archetypes generic like Gerard suggests is not a
good idea.

I agree. Where there is a focal element that can't be null (in the programming sense) it should be 1..1 or 1..*; that's part of the semantic definition. Archetypes are about data; what goes on in the screen is more complicated sometimes. Particularly with pre-filled and/or defaulted fields.

- thomas