Dileep,

for the philosophical question, CKM and openEHR are objectively agnostic about allopathy and other kinds of medical approaches; what it is not agnostic about is a general scientific method approach, sometimes known as a hypothetico-deductive approach. Big words, but all they mean is that openEHR does predispose the content models to at least some sort of observation / diagnostic / intervention cycle. From my limited knowledge of Ayurveda, I don't think there are incompatabilities - the theoretical methods are just different, i.e. what kind of observations, how diagnosis is made and so on are different.

The one thing that is needed for things like Ayurvedic archetypes to co-exist with mainstream western medicine ones is that naming is done carefully so that no basic terms are confused. For example, there is an archetype known as 'problem/diagnosis'. The unwritten assumption is that this is to do with western medicine. Whether it is re-usable for Ayrvedic healing I don't know, but let's assume it isn't. So you will want to create a problem/diagnosis archetype(s) for Ayurveda, and to avoid name clashes, it will need an id like ayurvedic_problem_diagnosis or similar. The same goes for any other potentially clashing content areas.

It might seem unfair that western medicine is the default concept space, just as English language is the default in archetype ids (not elsewhere though), but in the end they are all just ids. As long as we know what they mean, everyone will be happy.

The same arguments apply to naturopathy and so on.

- thomas