Thomas Beale wrote:

> Gerard Freriks wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> S.o.C can mean many things:
>>
>> One person
>> One mother or foetus
>> Any body part in or outside the body
>>
>> And any grouping of items mentioned above.
>>
>> A S.o.C indicates the participation in activities.
>>
> in the openEHR models, we have explicitly made "subject of care" the
> party being cared for; this is distinct from the "subject of a
> clinical statement", whcih may be an organ or sample of some kind. All
> clinical statements are expressed by ENTRYs of one kind or another,
> and all must appear inside TRANSACTIONs (CEN COMPOSITION).  There is
> also an attribute ENTRY.subject_relationship, which means the
> relationship of the subject of the statement to the subject of the
> record.

David Lloyd pointed out that I made a mistake here (never answer emails
during jetlag after 28 hrs flying!) - the ENTRY.subject is a human being
(includig foetus); inside the entry is where you say what part of that
human being you are talking about. So Where the subject of an ENTRY is
indeed the subject of the record, you might record an observation about
their kidney. But the subject could also be another person
(ENTRY.subject_relationship = "donor"), and the observations could be
about their kidney (in which case they will be the kind of observations
that one would make about a donor organ).

Sorry for the confusion

- thomas beale

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org