Gerard Freriks, MD
Convenor CEN/TC251 WG1

TNO-PG
Zernikedreef 9
2333CK Leiden
The Netherlands

+31 71 5181388
+31 654 792800
On 11 Dec 2004, at 17:13, Thomas Beale wrote:

As
  Software Configuration Management (SCM) is very important in my view.

Use case (one of many):
The plan is to have several test be performed: several chains of events
are opened.
Each track provides preliminary partial reports. Each of these partial
findings will give rise potentially to recordings in the record and
extra actions.
Some of the tracks might include referrals to other physicians that do
their thing and document the work in their version of the patient
record.
After some time all tracks are resolved and must be consolidated.

This whole process needs a form of SCM for the generated information in
federated EHR situation.

A way I view this process is: that there is one main track where the
plan was set up and executed.
Each track generates intermediary reports that have a short shelf-life.
At the end of each track all information is summarized and an expert
provides his personal opinion answering the question that started off
that track.
The owner of the main track holds responsibility for the final
consolidation.

>> An episode at age 10 is not likely to be important at age 30, 40 or
>> beyond.
>
> so....I suspect some doctors will have something to say about this
> statement!

Thomas, you provided an example.
On other one.
Car accident and spleenectomy 20 years ago, still influence decisions
today.

And then. One fact unimportant at a certain time can become very
important later.